- Events are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis with many events booked years in advance. We suggest contacting us to reserve space for your event as early as possible.
- The Civic Center calendar stays full most of the year with various events. If space is not available on your preferred date, our staff will work with you to find an alternate date.
- Prices for venue rental vary based on a number of factors. Our staff will work with you on a fee schedule to make payment more convenient if needed.
- A deposit is required to reserve a date and a room or space.
- Sales and use taxes apply to all events. Caldwell County’s tax rate is 6.75%. (For more information on state tax rates, visit the NCDOR website).
- Contracts are required for all events at the Civic Center. You can view a sample contract here.
- We are pleased to partner with our local nonprofit community and gladly offer discounts to these organizations. Contact Cheryl Bolt for detailed information.
- Decorating is welcome and encouraged for any event held at the Civic Center. Keep in mind that all decorating and event preparation must be done during your rental time. (Early access for prepping the space must be built into your rental contract.) Decorating that damages the facility is not permitted.
- Basic general cleaning is included with your rental. If deeper cleaning is required, you may need to pay an extra fee.
- Alcoholic beverages are allowed at the Civic Center. All North Carolina alcoholic beverage regulations must be followed at your own liability. Security is required at any event where alcohol is served. For more information on state laws regarding alcoholic beverages please refer to the ABC Quick Guide.
- The Civic Center Kitchen is only permitted for CCC&TI culinary arts classes. (Ice is provided free of charge for any event.)
- If you are interested in food or beverage options for your event, please contact Chef Corey Hooks at 828.759.8189 or via email at email@example.com.
Our facility of part of Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute and we are considered an educational facility. As such, the following guidelines apply to our facilities and grounds:
- Firearms, including concealed carry permitted firearms are not allowed on our property.
- Smoking and the use of any tobacco products are prohibited.
- Weather conditions rarely affect a show or event at the Civic Center; however, in the case of inclement weather, patrons will be notified of cancellations or postponed events as soon as decisions are made.
- Fully trained, documented service animals are allowed at the Civic Center. We follow the American Disabilities Act guidelines on the definition of a service animal. Visit the ADA website for full guidelines. Under ADA guidelines, emotional support animals or therapy animals are not considered service animals. Pets are not allowed at the Civic Center.
- Our campus meets ADA requirements for the time of establishment. We have a patron drop-off point, accessible parking spaces, and ample parking areas that can accommodate large crowds. We are committed to meeting your needs and ensuring an enjoyable experience. If you or a member of your party need special accommodations, contact Cheryl Bolt at 828.726.2394 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For detailed information on hosting an event at the Civic Center, call the Civic Center at 828.726.2407.